St George's Vets Accident & Emergency
St George's VetsAccident & Emergency

Burns & Scalds

Accidents, especially with new puppies are very common. Hot liquids or oils in pots if touched can cause a serious thermal burn. Heating pads if not used correctly can cause radiant heat burns similar to sunburn.

 

Other common burns include:

  • chewing on electrical cords
  • smoke inhalation
  • jumping into hot bath water
  • walking across cooker rings
  • lying in front of the fire (some dogs are just too comfortable to move!)
  • chemical spills

 

Cool the burned area with cold water as quickly as possible. Cover with damp towels. If the injury is due to a caustic substance, wash with plenty of cold water. If in the mouth press cloths soaked in clean cold water between the jaws.

Need help now?

Tel: 01902 425262

 

Address

St George's Vets

8 St George's Parade 

Wolverhampton

WV2 1BD

Telephone calls will be recorded for training purposes and quality assurance (24 hours a day).

More about St George's Vets

Visit our main web site for all of the St George's news, stories and information at www.stgeorgesvets.co.uk

Print Print | Sitemap
© St George's Veterinary Group Ltd 2015

Call

Directions